Friday 31 March 2017

Rough Cuts: Screen + Study

Rough Cut 1 (Screen + Study), 3 minutes: 


I pieced both of the two parts together to see how long the whole opening will be and I edited the titles into the opening as well to see the overall effect. The whole opening comes to 3 minutes which I'm happy about as its not too long but i would like it to be a bit shorter in the screen capture part as i want it to be more snappy and fast pace to really build up the tension but I'm not sure if speed up that part or take a section of the screen capture out.


Rough Cut 2, 2 minutes 53 seconds:



I added in my ident at the beginning to sort out the transition between the ident and my opening.
In addition I deleted a section out of the screen capture to make it more shorter and snappy, also that part of the screen capture was the longest part and it was just a mixture of clips and photos and I didn't really think it all worked well together unlike the other sections of the screen capture therefore I deleted it without any form of regret. Furthermore it speed up the montage, I sped up three parts of the screen capture by 20% just to make it faster but not too fast which makes the audio high pitch.



Rough Cut 3, 2 minutes 49 seconds: 


I cut the opening little bit, only 4 seconds but its still good as I want the opening to be short. So shorter the better. The transition between the scene capture and study scene was difficult at first because the two parts didn't flow as well as I hoped. So I copy a clip (over the shoulder shot of the hooded figure looking at the computer) and shortened the shot and reversed it to the shot shows the focus changing form the computer to the hooded figure's jaw and ear. I decided that this shot would work at the beginning of the study scene as it instantly reveals some sort of identity to who is viewing  the stuff on the computer.
Over the shoulder shot
In addition to help build and to stain the tension between the two parts I added in a blank, black screen to give add a bit of thrill to the opening and almost give the audience a bit of a shock when it goes black and then image appears again. Also the music stops and when the second part appears the dark backing tracking becomes even louder adding to the tension and the shock.

All I have left to do is to record, edit and add the voice over into the opening so it fits within the opening and the actions around it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the profession from it to the full product? Vlog ...