Monday 6 March 2017

Ident

I have a couple of ident ideas around the idea of popcorn and balloons. I thought popcorn as it associates with the verb 'pop', it relates to movies and it's fun. As much as I like the idea of popcorn popping around the screen for my ident, a balloon popping on the screen has a always been my original idea.


My ident would start with someone holding a balloon against a background, then a pin comes into shot and the balloon gets popped from the right. After the balloon gets popped, sound of a baby cry appears which cues for the production name "Popping Productions"
I brought some cheap balloons the other day and tomorrow I'm going to film my ident against a plain background. I'm going to film using a large depth of field, on a tripod, using natural light and ask my mum to help pop the balloon for me. I've got plenty of balloons so if a shot goes wrong then I can easily just retake the shot.

31/3/17: My ident is finally done!
I edited it in Final Cut. I altered the colour to make it more pink, purple tones to match the colour of the balloon and to make it more fun. I used the 'Knock Out' effect  for the text with the Strenuous font     to help emphasise the pop. Then I added in the crying baby when the text appears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the profession from it to the full product? Vlog ...