Tuesday 28 March 2017

Screen Test

Screen Capture Test Footage 

I don't have any test shots for the study scenes but I do have a test of the screen capture for the first half of the opening. 

The reason why I wanted to have my screen capture at the start of the opening so it can help build up Millie's character, background and personality via the photos and videos, such as; pictures with friends to show her sociability and close friendships, pictures with family members to connote how much of her family means to her, pictures with boys to hint towards past or current relationships


What I learnt from the test: 

  • I couldn't control where the images and videos popped up on the screen. My intention was for the images on the screen to pop up around the screen to form a collage but they just appeared over the top of each other. 

  • Quicktime player (the software which I used for the screen capture) doesn't record the sound for the videos therefore when I'm editing I need to add the sound in for the video clips 











  • I liked the ending bit when it closes down all of the images, so maybe when the Hooded Figure leaves the study I could include that ending section at a faster pace to emphasise the rush that the hooded figure is in.
For my desire look for the screen capture, I will have to edit the footage to add sound, build up the images and videos to create the montage I want to help build the tension and the creepiness. I'm going to do my final screen capture and edit from that one and maybe from the test and just build it up from there.  



1 comment:

  1. Ellie, thank you for restoring the order in your blog! First thing is there is no Audience section in your blog which is a serious omission and needs to be addressed quickly. Also, I would have expected to see more rough cuts at this stage. there should be a minimum of two rough cuts, both evaluated and ideally shown to others for feedback, on your blog by the end of this week. This together with your final film if you can manage to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the profession from it to the full product? Vlog ...