Monday 10 October 2016

Prelim Task

Overall I think that my prelim task was pretty good as it was shot well and editing wasn't hard. The video followed nicely as it told the story without any harsh cutting, that ruin the storyline of the film/video. Over the shoulder shots to make the clip more realistic and the close up shots helped highlight emotion and response.  I do think I learn more from shooting and editing, and this is only the beginning.

Shots:
Reverse shot, over the shoulder shot, close up and long shot.

ISO: 100, less noise to the video. Anything above would of made the shots very grainy

White Balance: Cool White, as the lights in the classroom made the shots seems very yellow/orange.

Manual Focus: We used manual focus instead of automatic focus, as it's easy to control and able to have a consistent point of focus

We it came to editing i did have experience have final cut pro as I have used it before for personal use, so I know my way around around the editing software. Firstly I imported the clips into my new project then dragged them to the 'storyboard' so i could edit them. I felt that the tool that would be useful was the blade tool as its very precise when cutting clips. So I played the clips back and when I felt that it was the correct time and place to cut, thats when I would pause and use the blade tools to cut the clips where I paused it. Any left over clips/waste clips I deleted them. Then I repositioned the clips so it would tell the story yet flow nicely. Then after watching it all together, I exported the file to a master file, then uploaded it to Youtube.


                                   

1 comment:

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the profession from it to the full product? Vlog ...