Friday 14 April 2017

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learn about technologies from the process from the process of constructing this product?



Since my opening required a lot of editing so I have definitely learnt loads of new skills in Final Cut. Before Media A level I was very confident with iMovie as I used that software on some videos and projects outside school but Final Cut was a bigger step for me. It was similar like the basic tools but theres more effects and tools to really make any video projects professional. Better effects, better quality sounds/musics (more realistic), better, more effective tools.

For example; Colour Balance was a feature that I didn't come across in iMovie and from just seeing it on the icon menu on right of the screen, I personally didn't think it would have a big impact on my work. But I was completely wrong.

The effects menu. The colour balance tool is the magic wand icon

Before 
After
I felt that this laptop scene in particular was quite warmed tone shot and didn't really fit in within the other shots. Therefore by using the colour match tool, I selected this low-angled shot and selected a wide shot and with the power of technology matched the tones with the wide shot. This made the laptop shot a bit lighter but still had elements of darkness as around that shot it has that shadow. 


As well as that I learnt more about screen capturing. I used quicktime to record the screen and I did find it very easy and good quality image. The only problem I found that it didn't record sound and I was hoping to have some videos on the screen and have the sound coming through and when editing I would put photos around it. But that wasn't the case. Unfortantly I had to re-think my layouts for the montage, however its turned out great and better than expected.



In general I have had my ups and downs with technologies as some have worked amazing for me but other parts haven't and when my opening realises on the editing (technology) to make everything worked together perfectly, its a struggle but I have learnt from successes and mistakes to make future projects better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the profession from it to the full product? Vlog ...